According to the Cambridge Dictionary, passion is a very powerful feeling, for example of love, hate, anger, or other emotion; an extreme interest in or wish for doing something, such as a hobby, activity.
“What are you passionate about?” may not be the toughest question you’ll ever be asked. While the question itself is pretty straightforward, it can feel uncomfortable to share your personal interests with others.
So what are the most popular things that you could be passionate about?
Animals and pets serve as a comforting escape for so many people. They are relatively uncomplicated, especially when compared to solving the difficulties of work, life, relationships, and friendships. Animals are fairly simple and offer unconditional love, which inspires similar passion in animal lovers and pet owners. A passion for animals can extend to your own pets, volunteering at shelters, pet sitting, bird watching, dog walking, or just sitting at a dog park and watching the animals play.
-“Who is your muse?” – “I am!” You will spend the rest of your life with yourself! Investing passion into yourself, your self-improvement, and future development is always a good investment. Of course, that can be much easier said than done for a lot of people. A good way to spark passion in yourself is to do things worth feeling good about. Do some volunteer work, help some random people out, or find a way to contribute positively to the world with the skill-set that you have. These are things you can feel good about choosing to do, not just for others, but for yourself.
There are so many different hobbies and interests out there to take part in. Developing a passion for a hobby, particularly a hobby that you can share with others, can really help raise passion and creativity in other areas of your life. Not only that, but other people tend to respond well to passion about hobbies, even if they aren’t all that interested in your specific hobby. It’s interesting to listen to someone who is passionate and knowledgeable talk about their hobby or interest. Hobbies can be found anywhere and everywhere. If an opportunity presents itself, try it out! Watching the clouds could also be a nice hobby, couldn’t it? Pick something, try it out!
Few things appear to be the passion like art, even if we aren’t necessarily an artist ourselves. There is something to be said about the magnificence of seeing masterpieces of creativity, whether they are paintings, sculptures, writing, or anything that a person creates through their vision and effort. Art may seem like an obvious thing, but it’s important to look at how people perceive art. You don’t have to be amazing at what you are creating to create something. No one starts off amazing at anything. Yet, so many people throw away their own efforts just as they’re starting on their path because they don’t see it as good or easy. So long as it makes you happy, that’s all that really matters. You don’t have to be producing masterpieces.
A passion for learning can open so many doors and broaden your horizons. It’s not always about knowing the specifics and details of any last or little thing. Knowing where to find the right answers is also an important skill to cultivate. Learning is a gift that continuously gives to the person who is nurturing and growing their knowledge. Learning also pairs well with experiences. It’s one thing to read a book or listen to a lecture, but actually going out and partaking in a new activity that you learned about can help you meet new people and develop a deeper understanding.
Life is a complicated machine with an infinite array of moving parts. Developing a passion for simplification can help bring everything into a more orderly focus. Life, of course, is not always easy or predictable. Things will come out of nowhere that can affect your life either positively or negatively. Simplification can help reduce your stress, make it easier to interpret situations and make better decisions in the overall grand scheme of things. A passion for simplification really starts with either fixing or removing convoluted parts of one’s life. That may be relationships or friendships that have run their course, looking for a less stressful job, or thinning out a bunch of material items that you have no real use for anymore.
8. Health and Fitness
A passion for health and fitness will boost your well-being in the future. The body is a machine that must be taken care of if we want it to perform well for an extended period of time. Developing a passion for health and fitness will not only help with physical health, but it helps improve one’s mental health and overall well-being. The best place to start is by consulting with your doctor to see what will be the best approach for improvement. It’s always a good idea to get a medical opinion before embarking on any major dietary changes or taking on a new exercise routine.
9. Your Career
A career-minded person with a strong passion for what they do, whether it is something mundane or magnificent, can make a significant difference in the world and within their industry. There are some loud voices and opinions shouting down the importance of passion and happiness about having a career, which is strange since most of us are going to spend at least a third of our adult life working. Finding peace, happiness, and passion in one’s career can make that time much less stressful. And if you have a career that you don’t like or don’t feel passionate about, maybe it’s time to start looking at other options and exploring new opportunities before quitting your job and starting afresh. There are so many roads to success and happiness out there. There’s no reason to force yourself onto just one.
10. Your Relationships
The people you spend your time with will have the biggest influence on your life. So it pays to prioritize making those relationships as healthy as they can be by working on them. Whether it’s your partner, your family, your friends, or your co-workers, understanding how each relationship works, and what you can do to promote harmony and care is a worthwhile passion to develop. There are so many aspects to a relationship, but some of the key ones are to better understand a person and their behaviors, finding ways to build a real connection, and doing the necessary work to maintain those bonds.
11. Making a Better Society
We live in an imperfect world. There is no doubt about it. But we all have the power within us to make that world just a little bit better. That might be fighting for social justice, working for the environment, improving community relations, or something else. Whatever it looks like, a passion for the overall improvement of the world we live in is very worthwhile.
We’ve already talked about learning, but flip that around and you’ll find that teaching people something they do not currently know can be another thing to get excited about. You don’t have to be an actual teacher in a school to teach people things. You could be a manager helping your employees to develop their talents. You could be a parent teaching your children in a multitude of different ways. You could be an activist teaching people about the importance of a cause you believe in. Sharing knowledge and helping people to grow is its own reward.
13. Your Faith
If your beliefs are important to you, they can definitely be considered a passion. Maybe you partake in religious practices, spend time in prayer or contemplation, or socialize with the community your faith provides. When you act in accordance with your beliefs, it shows that you are passionate about them.
14. Taking Action
The ability to take action is what leads to positive changes in one’s life and well-being. Well wishes, ideas, and inspiration are all quite cheap and shallow. Success in all things goes to the people who choose to take action and work on their goals.
Dedication and discipline are what keep people moving forward through the low times when they doubt themselves or their path. Anxiety and fear fade away with the action, because you gain experience and build confidence in your ability to tackle the things that are in front of you.
There is no more important passion in life to develop than one for taking action. Action is what leads o every single successful venture, whether it’s personal development or professional. And it’s super easy to start! All you need to do is choose to do the work.
Perhaps the ultimate thing to be passionate about is life itself. This can mean different things to different people. Perhaps you practice mindfulness in order to take each day and each moment as it comes. Maybe you seek to experience new things and expand your horizons. You may like to ponder the big questions about life and the universe to better understand your place in the world. Whatever you are passionate about – now and in the future – don’t be ashamed of it. Too many people are embarrassed to reveal their true passions for fear that they will be labeled as boring or stupid.
- according to – as stated by; in proportion or relation to [согласно, всоответствиис]
- passionate – having, showing, or caused by strong feelings or beliefs [увлеченный, влюбленный, страстный]
- tough – difficult and requiring determination or effort [трудный, тяжелый]
- straightforward – uncomplicated and easy to do or understand [простой, прямолинейный]
- serve as – Be of use in achieving or satisfying [выступатьвкачестве, служитьчем-то]
- escape – Succeed in avoiding or eluding something dangerous or unpleasant [побег; сбежать]
- fairly – here: to a moderately high degree [достаточно, вполне]
- unconditional – Not subject to any conditions [безусловный, безоговорочный]
- inspire – create (a feeling, especially a positive one) in a person [вдохновлять, воодушевить]
- extend to – make larger, Spread from a central point to cover a wider area [расширять, распространять]
- invest – put (money, someone’s time, effort, or energy) into a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result [инвестировать, вкладывать]
- self-improvement – the improvement of one’s knowledge, status, or character by one’s own efforts [самосовершенствование]
- improve – make or become better [совершенствовать, улучшать]
- spark (interest)– creatively inspire each other while working on something [разжечь (интерес); искра]
- worth ( + verb-[ing]) sufficiently good, important, or interesting to be treated or regarded in the way specified [заслуживающий]
- contribute to – give something in order to help achieve or provide something [способствовать чему-л, содействовать чему-л]
- raise – lift or move to a higher position or level; increase the amount, level, or strength of [поднимать; растить]
- tend to – regularly or frequently behave in a particular way or have a certain characteristic [иметь тенденцию; тяготеть к]
- respond – answer [отвечать, ответ]
- knowledgeable – Intelligent and well-informed [знающий, компетентный]
- opportunity – A chance; A time or set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something [возможность]
- appear to be – here: seem; give the impression of being [казаться]
- magnificence – The quality of being magnificent [великолепный]
- perceive – come to realize or understand [воспринимать, ощущать]
- start off –begin with something [приступать к чем-л.]
- effort – physical or mental exertion, determined attempt [усилие, старание]
- broaden your horizons – expand one’s range of interests, activities, and knowledge [расширять горизонты]
- cultivate – try to acquire or develop (a quality or skill); Try to acquire or develop (a quality, sentiment, or skill) [культивировать, выращивать]
- nurture – help or encourage the development of [стимулировать, содействовать развитию]
- pair with – join or connect to form a pair [соединяться]
- partaking – taking part [принимать участие]
- infinite – limitless or endless [бесконечный]
- array – range of a particular type of thing[множество]
- orderly – well-behaved; disciplined [упорядоченный, организованный]
- reduce – Make smaller or less in amount, degree, or size [уменьшить]
- decision – A conclusion or resolution reached after consideration [решение]
- scheme – A particular ordered system or arrangement. [схема]
- remove – Take (something) away [удалять, устранять]
- convoluted – extremely complex and difficult to follow [запутанный, замысловатый]
- run one’s course – Complete its natural development without interference [исчерпатьсебя, закончиться]
- boost – Help or encourage (something) to increase or improve [стимулировать, повышать]
- well-being – The state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy [благополучие]
- perform – here: carry out, accomplish, or fulfill (an action, task, or function) [выполнять, осуществлять]
- approach to – A way of dealing with something [подход, метод]
- opinion – A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. [мнение, суждение]
- embark on/upon – Begin (a course of action, especially one that is important or demanding) [начинатьчто-то]
- mundane – lacking interest or excitement; dull. [повседневный, обыденный]
- within – inside the range of (an area or boundary); inside the bounds set by (a concept, argument, etc.) [в рамках]
- since – here: for the reason that; because. [поскольку]
- explore – examine or evaluate (an option or possibility) [изучать, исследовать]
- quit – stop or discontinue (an action or activity) [прекращать, бросить (дело)]
- afresh – in a new or different way. [заново]
- force – make (someone) do something against their will. [заставлять]
- prioritize – treat (something) as being very or most important.[расставлять приоритеты]
- promote – support or actively encourage [поощрять, поддерживать, продвигать]
- worthwhile – worth the time, money, or effort spent; of value or importance [целесообразный, достойный].
- maintain – keep (something) at the same level or rate. [поддерживать, сохранять]
- bond – a thing used to tie something or to fasten things together. [связь]
- doubt – feel uncertain about [совневаться, сомнения]
- justice – Just behavior or treatment. [правосудие, справедливость]
- environment – The surroundings or conditions in which a person, animal, or plant lives or operates. [среда]
- flip – Turn over or cause to turn over with a sudden quick movement. [переворачивать]
- currently – at the present time. [в настоящий момент]
- employee – a person employed for salary, especially at the non-executive level. [сотрудник]
- multitude – a large number of people or things. [множество, разнообразие]
- reward – a thing given in recognition of service, effort, or achievement. [награда]
- definitely – Without doubt (used for emphasis) [несомненно, безусловно]
- contemplation – The action of looking thoughtfully at something for a long time. [созерцание]
- faith – Complete trust or confidence in someone or something. [вера]
- shallow – Of little depth. [мелкий, поверхностный]
- dedication – The quality of being dedicated or committed to a task or purpose. [приверженность, стремление]
- anxiety – A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. [беспокойство, тревожность]
- fade away – gradually become thin and weak, especially to the point of death. [постепенно исчезать, раствориться]
- gain – Obtain or secure [получать, завоёвывать]
- confidence – The state of feeling certain about the truth of something [уверенность]
- experience – Practical contact with and observation of facts or events. [опыт]
- tackle – Make determined efforts to deal with (a problem or difficult task) [захватывать, решать (проблему)]
- lead to – Be a route or means of access to a particular place or in a particular direction. [вестик]
- venture – A risky or daring journey or undertaking. [авантюра]
- ultimate – Being or happening at the end of a process; final. [конечный]
- mindfulness – The quality or state of being conscious or aware of something. [осознанность]
- seek – Ask for (something) from someone; Attempt to find (something) [искать, обращаться за чем-л.]
- ponder – Think about (something) carefully, especially before making a decision or reaching a conclusion. [обдумывать, размышлять ]
- universe – All existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. [вселенная]
- embarrassed – Feeling or showing shame. [смущённый, растерянный]
- reveal – Make (previously unknown or secret information) known to others. [выявить, раскрывать]
- label – A small piece of paper, fabric, plastic, or similar material attached to an object and giving information about it.